Monday 17 November 2014

Practise of my Final Design- Assessment Partner creating my design on me

Since my assessment partner last created my hair design, I have decided to stick with that same design as I like it the best out of the three final design I drew up. I think is has the most potential out of my three designs and contains a variety of elements that are techniques that were used or represent the era of the Elizabethans. My design contains a variety of skills we have learnt and practised on each other over the past few weeks. My design has frizzing/crimping, plaiting/French plaiting, heart shaped beehive with padding and a bun. Most of these are elements and techniques the Elizabethans would of used and I created a contemporary design from the era that shows history and modern influences to the design. 

In our assessment practise lesson today my partner, Beth, yet again created the hair style with the improvements added in. Beth started with crimping the hair which still took 45 minutes to do the whole head. She then started sectioning the hair and created all the plaits making sure they were all sectioned equally and were plaited neat. After the crimping, she brushed through the crimping and started with the plaits, from the moment of brushing my crimped hair to sectioning and plaiting all the head this took her again 20 minutes. Beth did not rush creating the design we tried to time everything perfectly at a good pace so the design was neat and accurate. This time she added the rats in, this was one on each side of the head to create the heart shape. She tried to get the padding equal and symmetrical on each side and for them to be the same height. Once the beehive was done she had to create the bun which this time I wanted it larger than before. She started with putting all the hair up in a pony tail and then back combing it from the roots, she sectioned the hair in fours, rolled the hair over and gripped it to the base of the hair, then spread the four parts to blend into one large bun and gripped it in place. Overall the beehive and the bun took 25 minutes to complete. Overall the design took Beth 1 hour and 30 minutes to complete. On the day of the assessment we don't want to rush the design, because sometimes rushing can potentially ruin the hair design itself. Therefore when asked by our lecturer if we wanted any time before the assessment to prepare the hair we said yes, before the assessment Beth is going to crimp my hair in preparation to create the rest of the design. This means when completing the design on the day, created the plaits, bun and beehive should take Beth her normal 45 minutes to create the rest of the design, this will then give her plenty of time to achieve neat cornrow and the perfect symmetrical heart shaped beehive.

After Beth created my design I was very happy with the overall look of it, it felt very secure on my heat and was very neat. The bun was a much better size and I preferred it bigger and the same for the beehive. When thinking about my design during the creation I was thinking about including some pearls to the hair design, I thought it would look nice if there were a few pearls pinned into the bun at the back of the hair just to give the design a slight more of an Elizabethan feel and also using an accessory.

On the day of the assessment I need to make sure to bring pearls for the design that will create on me, I will bring my own rats for the beehive. The grips, hairspray, hair band and crimpers will be in the studio on the day we just need to ask the lecturer to supply them for us before the assessment begins so we are prepared. On the day I will need to bring in my drawn up design of the hair style, a step to step guide of how to create it and maybe additional photo showing the design I want in case the drawing isn't clear enough. Apart from that the combs and brushes will be supplied from Beths hair kit that she will need to bring on the day. 

Overall I'm very happy with the outcome of the design I think Beths matched it up very well to my drawing and its exactly what I wanted it to look like. I think the assessment day will go to plan as we have practised it once, created the final thing once as well and she has already seen my design plans before hand and the explanation of the design



No comments:

Post a Comment