Wednesday 12 November 2014

Hair Inspiration development for my design for the Final Assessment

As our assessment is approaching in the next few weeks I have started thinking about gathering photos together that I would like to use as my design. I've recently be looking at post's ive blogged about and the artists and designers that have incorporated the Elizabethan era. Below I have posted a few hair designs that I really like, the majority of them are from Chanel catwalks and another design is from the film Elizabeth 1. When creating a hair design for the assessment, I have to draw/ mood board photos and write how to create the design, then with my assessment partner we have to swap designs and she will have to create the Elizabethan hairstyle I create on me. Recently me and my partner have been working together so we can get familiar with each others hair and our ability. I'm starting to gather ideas and thoughts of what I want to create, this will incorporate designer and photo inspiration and techniques we've learnt or created in our studio session.



http://www.pinterest.com/ekhamett/final-major-project-inspiration/
The french plaits incorporated into this Elizabethan hair design is just amazing, the plaits are sectioned amazing and so neat, it just looks to die for. This Chanel pre fall 2013 hairstyles was a big hit on the runway as all the models hair design who was created by the amazing Sam McKnight was based around the Elizabethan Era. In this photo the technique I like is the French plaits into the beehive at the top, this design has inspired me a lot and I would like to incorporate the French plait into my contemporary Elizabethan design. 


http://beautyhigh.com/chanel-prefall-2013-hair-heights/
I really like the height of this hair design and the beehive shape, I like how the beehive contains waves to give it volume. I could incorporate this style into my design, by designing a beehive that's potentially been crimped to create volume.

http://www.pinterest.com/zitong/fashion-chanel-pre-fall-2013-edinburgh/
I really like the French plait that comes up the side of the head and joins into the beehive, it gives a very contemporary Elizabethan feel to the hairstyle. 


http://selahdor.com/blog1/?p=908
I really like this extreme slick back contemporary heart shaped beehive with the French plait going through the middle of the hair. I like how strong the design looks however I would design more of a round heart shape on each side to make it a little more Elizabethan. (Chanel, spring, 2010) 

http://www.pinterest.com/daniellagitto/doro/
The above Chanel design then reminds me of this hairstyle worn by Queen Elizabeth in the film Elizabeth 1. This is slightly more of a historical design as the style was set for the time period of the 16th century. However I like the division between the hair in the middle as the style looks very different and looks similar to the Chanel 2010 catwalk. 



No comments:

Post a Comment