Monday 17 November 2014

My Three Hair Designs for my Assessment Partner to create on me

Three Potential Final Hair Designs for my Partner to Create-

 Design 1-
In this contemporary Elizabethan hair design I was sure that I wanted to incorporate some kind of French plait into my design. I started with how I wanted the back of the hair, which was the cornrow coming up the back of the head and then pulled into the bun. For the middle section of the top of the hair I wanted one singular braid going through the middle and joining the bun from the top. Both of the inspiration for the braids were from the Chanel catwalk as they go all out for the braids on the runway.

 Firstly I want the hair to be completely crimped, this is because I know my hair is thin and crimping it will give it that extra volume to work with and also will give the frizzy, curly effect the Elizabethan tended to have in the era. For the beehive on top I wanted it to be a heart shape and this would separate in the middle were the braid would be. All the hair from the rest of the beehive and the ends of the plaits would be all brought together and put into a frizzy bun. In the hair style I have incorporated contemporary and historical hair techniques that would of been used in the era and the modern day. The equipment needed to complete this hair design is, crimpers, bobbi pins, wide side grips, rat, hairspray, hair band, hair brush and a pin tail comb. 






Design 2-
 For this design I went a little harder with the cornrow design just to give my partner a little challenge with the hair. For this design, you start with crimping the whole head to give it volume and thickness. Then in the middle I have included two cornrows that separate to create a parting, the plait starts from the middle of the hair, braided down forwards to the forehead, down and around the ear and up to meet the back. This is on both sides of the head and the plait in the middle of the scalp is in two so it creates a middle parting. At the back of the hair again is the cornrow which starts at the bottom of the hair and works its way up to meet up to the bun, at the back all together there should be 6 plaits. At the top of the hair I want a heart shaped beehive again this to be separated by the two plaits in the middle of the head, each beehive will stand on each side of the head. The left over hair from the beehive and the ends of the braids will all come together in a frizzy bun. The equipment needed to complete this hair design is, crimpers, bobbi pins, wide side grips, rat, hairspray, hair band, hair brush and a pin tail comb. 







Design 3-
For this design I created it quite elaborate at the bottom and simple Elizabethan at the top. For back of the hair I want the braids coming up the back, this time a little higher than the other designs because there wont be a bun there this time. The whole head will be crimped to give that frizzing Elizabethan feel, once all the back braids have been plaited upwards the the top of the head, its need to be held in place while the egg shaped beehive gets created. The beehive will be oval and quite large with the frizzy texture to it, the few ends of the plaits and the hairs at the back will have to be pulled up and put into the beehive as well as there is no hair left down in this design. I left the front a little simpler this time as its just one large crimper beehive that has a lot of height and texture. In this design I want pearls to be added to the front of the hair just to give an accessory to the hair and minor detail at the front of the hair to give an Elizabethan feel. The equipment needed to complete this hair design is, crimpers, bobbi pins, wide side grips, rat, hairspray, hair brush, pearls and a pin tail comb

No comments:

Post a Comment