Thursday 4 December 2014

Designer Hairstyle

We've been told we have to create a hairstyle for a new up and coming hair designer. This will be worn by the models in the winter collection catwalk show. The designer has told us that the collection has some bold patterns and colours. They would like the hair to be big and bold to compliment the clothes. I can use any of the techniques that I have learnt this semester, but it has to be big!

My hair design-



Since the brief was big I knew I wanted to incorporate crimping and back combing into my design. I wanted to top part flat so it gives a dramatic effect between the big hair and sleek.

I started with working my way up the hair in sections crimping each part. I started at the bottom and clipped the rest of the hair up and starting crimping until I worked my way to the top. After the complete side of the head was crimped I brushed the crimped hair out and used a comb to start back combing the hair to give it a messy volume look. Once the hair was all back combed I combed the top part down (which I didn't crimp). Then I sectioned the hair into a middle parting and picked up the front part of the hair and started creating a plait. I then pulled the plait over where it separated the hair between the bottom crimped section and the top flat section. I pulled it across and gripped it into the hair. 

Overall I feel I stuck with quite simple design however It works well and looks very fashionable ready for a catwalk. The hair design contain elements of techniques we've learnt over the past few weeks which is back combing, crimping and plaits. I feel the style suits the brief well and contain big hair for a catwalk. Unfortunately I couldn't finish the other side of the head in time so I think If I could work on something I could work on my time management creating the design, If I could improve this design I would maybe time French plaiting round the head instead of just bringing a normal plait round. 


No comments:

Post a Comment