Tuesday 14 October 2014

Introduction to Project Brief

Unit Brief-
This unit is designed to introduce the essential skills and techniques for hair styling and postiche application. I will be introduced to the technical and creative processes involved in the styling of hair and the application of postiches. I will also learn about the historical contexts and cultural value relevant to the fashions in period and contemporary hair and wig styling. I will be a attending a variety of lessons which will be practical where I can study the hair in depth and learn a variety of techniques which the Elizabethan era would wear. I will also be incorporating hair pieces, accessories and other item that may be used in the hair.

My current understanding of Elizabethan hair-
When I first started the course I couldn't really describe a technique or a typical Elizabethan hair style that they used in the 1500-1600's. When attending each lesson I have started to learn more and more about what products, styles, props, techniques they used and did to there hair. When looking into the upper class people of the Elizabethan era they had very elaborate and large hair. It was very popular to incorporate hair pieces and assesories into the hair and to even use wigs. I feel the Elizabethan hair era will give me a wide variety of skills that i need to use for the hair as it contains most things you could do to the hair. I'm very excited to further my knowledge of hair itself and create unique elaborate designs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment